Tuesday 29 November 2011

Prim Candy Canes


  I bought some prim prints  for my Prim projects....At the Dollar Store I bought some plastic candy canes, about six ~ seven inches long, with  candy inside.... This plastic is tough & holds up really well to a glue gun.  The secret here to a good looking candy cane is to take one long continous piece of material about 1 1/2 in. wide...  I like to rip the material to get the thready & primitive look.....Wrap it around on a slant & glue every once in awhile with a hot glue gun.   The glue doesn't show through the material.   Cover entire candy cane.... I took another prim print & made a contrasting bow....Very quick & very easy.....

3 comments:

Lil said...

Hi, I stumbled on your page while looking at the free projects on craftsy.com. What a lovely surprise to see the knitting conversion chart I made on your blog!!!

By coincidence, I was looking for free project links to add to another widget I make: Free Crafter's Advent Calendar. You might like to have a look here: http://freeadventcalendar.blogspot.com.

I'd love to add these candy canes to the calendar this year!! I thought you might like to add the calendar to your blog so you can follow along too :)

MKHOE said...

That would be wonderful to post my Prim Candy Canes on your Advent Calendar..... Blogger will not let me post your advent calendar to my blog.... I would love to though.....

MKHOE said...

Hi Claire ~ I got it to work... The 2nd time was the charm.... I put it on twice....One right at the top of the page & one down where I have My Crafts... Thanks so much.....