Saturday 18 December 2010

Christmas Balls with Secret Ingredient

I created a stand for my Christmas Ornaments by placing a large circle of glue on my glue pad & placing the ball in the circle of glue..... When it dries well, the ball will remove easily with the glue intact & voila you have a bottom that allows the ball to sit perfectly.... I bought little vinyl sayings at Walmart & placed them on.....Perfect little homemade gifts......Wouldn't they look pretty as place settings.......



http://www.youtube.com/user/sunnigrrl30?feature=mhum#p/f/85/lTvq2GPkm9U

The secret ingredient is liquid Pledge floor shine .....It helps if two people work this craft or be very prepared if doing by yourself..... I had all the caps off & the bottles opened before starting.... Pour the liquid floor shine into the clear ball & swirl around... Dump all the liquid back into the original bottle.... Quickly pour in the Martha Stewart fine glitter using a fair amount.... Make sure the entire inside of the ball is covered with the glitter...The secret here is to work quickly before the floor shine dries....Place cap back on your glitter ball....I used my 40% off coupon at Michael's to buy the Martha Stewart Fine Iridescent Glitter....I bought some little stickers from Walmart that say things like, Smile, Wonder, Love etc. & they are just adorable......

I bought my clear balls in Michaels at the Cambridge store as they were on for less than half price & they had a large supply.....

No comments: